Saturday, April 16, 2011

Blasted quakes...

It's been quiet for a while now (a few weeks)... probably "too" quiet...

But over the past day or so, I've been feeling the occasional shake, or so it seemed.

And them voom! We've just had another long wobble a few minutes ago that knocked stuff off shelves again, and sent an old pendulum clock ticking again for the first time in years. In the middle of it, the lights flickered, threatening to go out at any moment. I suspect it almost caused the oil in those power transformers to slosh and almost cut power again. Apparently in parts of town the power has gone out after this.

Now that's got to be the second or third one that I've felt in my computer chair now, and it would've compared with the March 20 shakes. I'm calling a 5 on that one. Let's see what GeoNet says in 30 minutes time :)

EDIT: so, apparently it was a 5.3

1 comment:

  1. I think it's about time for you to consider nailing down everything on your shelves. ;)

    ReplyDelete