Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blender 2.59 Released

So at last we're nearing the end of the 2.5 series... 2 or was it 3 years since it all began, with the past few effectively having been spent in "feature freeze". It's a bit of a pity that the tweaks I've been working on with my SoC didn't get merged for this release in the end, though on the other hand, perhaps that's a good thing to have "the next step up" with the upcoming 2.6 series :)

And now for a little piece of trivia: As nicely noted by ZanQdo, history has repeated itself with our splash screens...
2.59 splash, compared with...
2.33 splash

For me, this holds a bit of significance, since 2.33 was the version that I really started to using Blender all those years ago. Hopefully this version will sow the seeds for some more future greatness in years to come...

So, here's to a momentous release. Bring on 2.6!

3 comments:

  1. cannot wait for your work to be merged in, really cant emphasize this enough. Thank you for your work on bettering blender for the world over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Aligorith! I very happy of the Blender 2.59 released.
    I have one little question (as always) about the Dopesheet:
    My animation is 196 frames long. I working withing the range from 0 till 70 frames (I set it in timeline with "S" and "E" hotkeys). And finally question: please explain odd Blender's behavior whaen I pressing "Home" key in the Dopesheet. It would be perfect to zoom in to my working range, not to some 1 (yes, only one) frame.

    ReplyDelete